Sunday, September 18, 2011

This is What Goes On In My Mind

Originally Posted on Monday, 10 January 2011 at 05:14




I begin to question.  Simply question the foundation of my very beliefs.  It's all blond on these isles.  Therefore the prospect of other lands appeals, without a doubt, to the slightest inclination of me finding a place to get lost.  And I shall.

I've had enough with starry-eyed, smoke-filled rooms and the laugh that they were real when I was in them.  Playing jazz and acting smart.  We all become liars and we all become angels.

As Godspeed had said,

 "We're all trapped in the belly of this horrible machine, and the machine is bleeding to death. The sun has fallen down and the billboards are all leering, and the flags are all dead at the top of their poles.¹"

I could pretense my reasoning no better.  It was useless to breathe.

The solace idolized by the id may never be found.  Struggles of light and dark in constancy.   Golden-lined coffins.  The unfortuitous scream of mother nature.  How did I laugh so easily?     When you let everything just slide off of your back, out of neglect, when is it important again?  When does the reel change?  Or maybe you just can't.  Maybe it just looks like a damaged landscape painting.  All the right colors, and no discrepancy for geography.  A pious brushstroke.

I could fall into it like a daydream or a fever.




No comments:

Post a Comment