Sunday, September 18, 2011

I want you

Some crisp involuntary notion.
And you would kiss my fingers with smiles.
I have all of the world to give to you.
But I've never seen you glancing.
I could ask and hope and then it's not sacred.
But then maybe my love hasn't been until now.
I had scarred myself and broken my own bones,
and the hole is now filled with fresh dirt and sunflowers.
I let the little bugs come outside.

And if I only got to kiss you once,
it meant I was smiling.
That the sycamores would never dry.
That you are the apple of my eye, and then?
Well, I let the little bugs come outside.
Deep, and over, and out, I let them.
They are my lawyers.  And my kisses my handcuffs.
I want you in custody too.
And your orange-flavored lips can be mine.


Aug 18, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment